Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunday Dinner

Sunday dinner at our house usually means lots of food and lots of noise.  But most of all it means lots of love.  Sunday dinner can be a good place to get organized.  A simple organizational tool can be implemented here to answer questions such as "What should I bring".  The tool that I am going to show you is one that my own mother used successfully for many years while I was growing up.
You start by making two circles.  One larger than the other.  Card stock or poster board work great.



Next divide the circle by the number of people you want to participate in helping to make your Sunday meal.
Write their names on the smaller wheel and then on the larger wheel create the different components to your meal such as Salad, Vegetables etc. (So if you look at the wheel closely you will see that I spelled vegetables "vegitables".  That is what you get when you write vegi's to many times and get up at 4:00 am to post this blog.  I thought about fixing it and I will. I don't want anyone to learn how to spell incorrectly from me but I also don't want to have to retake the pictures.)  



 Next put the smaller circle or wheel on the larger one.  Then you put a grommet in the middle of the two circles to hold it together and to allow the circles to turn separately.



 Notice how Lindsay is in charge of Salad one week and then the next she is in charge of Vegetables.



This system is easy to make and to implement.  For years I thought my mother wanted to teach us cooking skills by assigning us the different elements of the meal.  Later she told us that she created the system to keep us busy so we wouldn't argue and spoil the atmosphere of the day.  Organization can bring peace in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment