Monday, September 9, 2013

The Pinball Effect or Organizing Your Organization

You ask what is the Pinball effect?  Just like a pinball that is bouncing all around from side to side - up and down- and tossed to and fro by levers thrown in it's way.


I have, in my excitment to get organized, been doing just that.  I know what you are saying and you are right! (my husband loves it when I say that)  I will just have to Organize my Organization.

When I went to take pictures of the areas I had messed up in the name of organization.  I found there were only three areas.

A Hallway I had started to put things in so I could begin organizing my storage room and new playroom


A bathroom were I had emptied all the cupboards and drawers so I could de-clutter and re-organize.  I started this room because I was cleaning it and I just had to dig in


 And a basket I had been storing school supplies in. Definitely a future post.  I started on this basket because it was 4:00 in the morning ( I do that sometimes) and I had to think of something quiet to do.


I also was in the middle of canning pears


You have to admit they look great!  And they do taste delicious.

Well the effect of all these projects going on simultaneously was the pinball effect in my head.  No lie.  Just thinking about it makes my head start to hurt and my heart start to race and chaos is starting to take over.  See it isn't just those three areas.  I have a lot more areas in my head that I am excited about getting organized.

So I need to organize my organization.
I will start by making a list of all the projects I would like to do and putting the list in a place that I can add to it easily while I am cleaning the house or just daydreaming about how I want things to be etc. (My husband would also like to add to this list)
Next I will prioritize my projects according to greatest impact, ease, and financially do-ability (I do need to stay within my budget, right?)

I share this with you so you too will think of a good way to organize your organization and can avoid having the pinball effect take over you life.

PS.  I would like to thank all of my supporters.  My daughters: Sara for her excitement to get organized herself.  Brittany for her encouraging words.  Lindsay for keeping me on track.  Bethany for staggering backwards.  My sons Noah for giving up computer time, William for being in England.  My son-in -laws: Robert Palmer for being my number one fan (Trust me he knows how to be a fan), Nate, Matt and Neil (Robert as well) for making my daughters happy and helping in the yard. And most of all David my dear husband for editing and encouraging.  (I told you Robert that I would get your name in somehow)

No comments:

Post a Comment