Monday, September 16, 2013

Bread Pudding

One thing that I have wanted to organize for a long time is my recipe collection.  I collect recipes from all over.  If I am getting the recipe from family or friend I usually just grab the first piece of paper I can find and write it down.  Then I stick it in a three ring binder and call it good.  That has worked great for me.  But I have always thought it would be good to put them in order and make them look good.  That way when people ask me for the recipe I can just copy it off or e-mail it to them saving us both the time and effort of re-writing it.
This is what my recipe looks like now but not for long.



Start by breaking 6 pieces of bread into small pieces.  You really can use any bread.  One of my favorites is Texas Toast I only use 4 slices of it.
Here I am using leftover ends to baguettes we used for brochette at my daughter's wedding reception.


Next you mix up the milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. OK I forgot the sugar in the picture but it is still important.


Then you pour the mixture over the bread.  Using a fork to push the bread down and allowing it to soak up the egg mixture.  I have doubled to recipe to use a 9 x 13 pyrex.


You bake it at 350 for 45 min.


It is best served warm.  I like to top it with heavy cream.  To make it extra special you can also top it with a caramel sauce and candied pecans.
Here I just used the cream and it was delicious!


This truly makes for a quick and easy dessert.  I have also served it at a brunch.  Whenever I serve if for company they always ask for the recipe.



Bread Pudding

6 pieces of white bread                         
2 cups milk
4 eggs
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Spray a 9x9 pan. 
Break the bread into small pieces and put into the pan.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour it over the bread pushing the bread down with a fork to soak up the egg mixture.
Bake at 350 for 45 min.

Serve warm topped with Heavy Cream
To make it extra special you can top it with a caramel sauce and candied pecans and then the cream.

Easy Caramel Sauce

One can sweetened condensed milk.
Remove label and submerge can in a pan of water.
Boil for 2 to 3 hours.
You may need to add more water during the 2 hours so keep an eye on it.
Remove can from water, open and enjoy.

From Every Needful Thing Plus A Little More's recipe box



Congratulations to Sara Palmer for winning our Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment