Friday, August 23, 2013

Jewelry Drawer

     I have been having so much fun thinking of all the things I want to organize.  I have a whole house waiting to be recreated.
     Ok, I know that I haven't totally finished the freezer but that shouldn't stop me right? Especially since I was stuck and didn't know what to do next.  While trying to get inspiration I saw an idea on how to organize ear rings using ice cube trays.  Brilliant, my husband had just last week pulled out all my ear rings trying to help me find the right one for the out fit I was wearing.  His comment was, "you really should come up with a better system for these". I agreed and left them on top of the dresser waiting for some magic fairy to come and put them away in a better fashion.



   So now I had my next project and off to Rite Aid I went to hunt for ice cube trays.  I came home with a little more than planned but they had a dollar aisle that had all these cute things to organize with.  You never know when you will need them.  The orange lidded containers  I bought thinking they could help with my freezer problem (which they did, they work great to hold all the different kinds of fruit I like to use)



     Below is a picture of  what my drawer looked like before I reorganized it, and that is without all the boxes on top of the dresser.


       This is what it looks like after a few minutes using all my finds in the dollar isle.


      Here I have pulled out two trays so you can see the other two underneath.  Cool huh!



     So I used the little containers for my necklaces but I have put them upside down to I can see which necklace is where.



     I also used some cute containers that I found at Office Max.  They have a clear top and the bottoms come in all different colors.  The size I bought where 99 cents.



     Next I used round containers to hold all my bracelets.


     Everything fit back in the drawer and I can easily see and access it all.  And it cost less than $10.  Success!  Then why am I mourning the loss of the cute little boxes I used before.  Some of them are as important as the jewelry itself to me.  I have to go back and reconsider some things.

     Have you ever organized something and then missed the mess or personality of the space before?

3 comments:

  1. Yes all the time, it is strange and almost like you felt that mess was a little part of you. It is funny sometimes I think we do that with our personalities as well, like we feel like our sarcasm is such a great quality we have and it makes us unique. when in reality once we let those little messes or unsavory characteristics go we can finally see our true selves and the great space we have! so buckle up, let go, and get organizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I couldn't agree more.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete