Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Freezer Part 2

     So cleaning out the freezer has already begun to cause a stir.  My daughter opened the freezer and staggered backwards (a family joke from the British Comedy "Keeping up Appearances") and said "Your freezer looks beautiful".  I read a book once called "Sidetracked Home Executive" that said you should write down every compliment that you get on a 3x5 card so you could pull it out and read it to help keep you motivated.  It might be worth a try.  Of course, I didn't tell her to look in the bottom drawer because it is not beautiful yet. 
     I have started on the bottom drawer but I am having a hard time finding the right size of container for my food and freezer needs.  The right side of the bottom draw is how it has normally been looking with the food in ziplock bags and kind of pushed around to fit in.  On the left side is an attempt to organize the grains I keep on hand to bake with




     As you can see the top draw is doing much better.  I have my nuts and seeds and cheeses etc. in neat little containers that are so much better than before.  While going through my shelves I found that I had 3 ziplock bags of sunflower seeds and 2 bags of cashews. But the real winner is whole wheat flour.  I had 5 different bags of it.
     This last picture is the top view of the top shelf.  It may not be perfect yet but it is getting pretty close.  I just have two bags in the right front corner that haven't found a home yet.



     If anyone has a good idea on how to store the frozen fruit I would love to hear it.
Till next time.  Happy Organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment